So Umi and I were talking about outfits for Hallowe'en and she bought a new rainbow wig in the summer time and wanted to incorporate it. It may have been the MLPFiM marathon we did, but I suggested Rainbow Dash, and even drew up two mock designs.
1) was a dancer design that could incorporate a cape and crown to be Grand Gala outfit. This one she liked the best because she could also use her corset.
2) was a racer design, based off of the Best Young Flyer Comp she entered.
Either way I made three accessories for the outfits.
1) the cutie mark. It's super cute, and I just adore it! It's made with sticky back foam and could be applied to any outfit. I'm debating of making another cutie mark with the left over foam.
2) Wings. These wings are the same foam as cutie mark but non-sticky back. Instead I hot-glued two safety pins on the back so they can be pinned in place. If done right, when she moves her arm around it should cause the wings to move along as well, as if a little flapping.
3) Ears. I dont have a picture of them because my camera made them look green (where as those two are flat and could be scanned) I made two versions. The first is fabric ears, with pink on the inside, they look more like donkey ears tho. The second was made with foam. It was a triangle of foam rolled and glued to a headband. I'm not sure if I like either, I'll let Umi decide.
I do know, because of the temp outside, she will be going with the racer design. It allows you to be warmer because you can layer under the suit.